The goal of the Children’s Ministry at Light of the World is to support families in teaching their children about God’s holiness, our fallenness, God’s gracious plan of salvation for sinners through Jesus Christ, and how we can live as Christians in a way that glorifies God, serving others through the knowledge and application of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We work toward this goal by immersing them in a strong Gospel-centered curriculum, scripture memorization, prayer, praise, and mentorship.
Our Children's Church Building is located across the parking lot (Pink Bldg.) for Children newborn through 8th grade.
• Nursery care is provided for infants and young children at each main worship service. Parents can rest confidently and be fed by the Word while their children are cared for by our qualified workers.
• Sunday school classes are available during each main service (Wednesday evenings and Sundays). Children are taught foundational Biblical truths and the importance of having a personal relationship with Christ.
• Children 1st - 4th Grade have their own time of praise and worship during both Sunday services. The children are encouraged to participate through singing, clapping, movement, prayer and much more.
• Children 5th - 8th Grade will stay in the main sanctuary during both Sunday services to participate in Praise and Worship. After Praise and Worship the children will be excused to the Children's Church Building for Sunday School.
• Once a month on the 4th Sunday (Together Sunday) children ages 4 - 14 stay in the sanctuary for Praise and Worship and then are excused to the Children's Church Building for Sunday School.
• We also have special events, such as our Annual Summer VBS and our “True Vine” Community Outreach to unchurched children and their families throughout the year.
“We will not hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done. So the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but keep his commands” (Psalm 78:4, 6-7).
The Gospel Project
We use the The Gospel Project® curriculum for Kids and Preschoolers. The Gospel Project is a chronological, Christ-centered Bible study for Kids, Students, and Adults that examines how all Scripture gives testimony to Jesus Christ.