CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) RECOMMENDATIONS & PRECAUTIONS
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) RECOMMENDATIONS AND PRECAUTIONS
Our key priority here at LWC, in the view of recent developments and precautions concerning the Coronavirus, is the safety and welfare of our people.
Following CDC, State and Local Guidelines in dealing with this virus, we suggest you be aware and follow the directives outline below.
LWC is preparing in many areas:
- Our maintenance team and housekeeping ministries have been diligently disinfecting and sanitizing our buildings and areas of public use including bathrooms, Lodge, Sanctuary and Office areas.
- Our restrooms have adequate supply of soap and paper towels for appropriate restroom hygiene.
- Our Children’s Church has also taken precautions by sanitizing toys, desks, chairs and other often touched areas.
- On Communion Sunday, we will serve communion in sealed, self-service packets for individual use.
- LWC will follow and adhere to any National, State, and Local Mandates regarding public meetings and other COVID-19 related issues.
- Most people who will be affected by COVID-19 will be those over 60 years old who have pre-existing medical ailments such as Heart Disease, respiratory problems, Diabetes, Cancer and other illnesses contributing to a weakened immune system. Please take special care and precautions regarding social interaction, travel plans and event participation.
- If you feel sick, please stay home. Contact your Doctor first rather than going to the Hospital, ER, or Emergency Care Center. Avoid going out in public and limit contact with people. Also, please don’t send your children to Children’s Church if they are sick. Please keep them home as well.
- LWC is prepared to cancel upcoming meetings, events and ministry activities. A current list and notification of cancelled events will be on our website.
- Please add your phone # to our “text information system” in order to receive updated texts pertinent to the virus and general awareness information as well as visiting our website and Facebook page.
Instructions for Text Notification System (for Emergencies, Cancellations, Etc.)
- 1) Open a new text message
- 2) In the “To” box, type 55469
- 3) In the “Message” box, type lwcpa
- 4) Follow the additional instructions that will be sent to your phone.
- Precautions and Preventions:
WHO and CDC recommend that you take the usual precautions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth if your hands aren't clean.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Clean surfaces you often touch.
- Stay home from work, school and public areas if you're sick.
In addition to the above, WHO recommends these steps:
- Check with your doctor if you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, and tell him or her about any recent travels.
- Avoid eating raw or undercooked meat or animal organs.
- If you're visiting live markets in areas that have recently had new coronavirus cases, avoid contact with live animals and surfaces they may have touched.
If you're planning to travel internationally, first check the CDC and WHO websites for updates and advice. Also look for any travel advisories that may be in place where you plan to travel.
Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings(at home or in a health care facility).
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- In the face of the COVID-19 Virus, the work of the Church continues. However, we are aware and compassionate towards the difficult financial stresses many of us may face. God’s Word remains true and His promises of provision, care and protection will never be abandoned. He is faithful. Thank you for continuing to give your tithes and offerings so that the work continues. You can give in the following ways…
*Give online or by Phone/Text Donate@lwcpa.org/donate Text: 570.240.4455
*Donate directly from your checking account. E-Check (EFT) – Most efficient! Cost 1% + $.30 transaction fee.
*Visa/Mastercard Cost 3.09% + $.30 transaction fee.
*Send personal check through U.S. Mail
- In times of calamity and crisis, such as we face now, God’s promises and truth must ring a clear sound through the noise of fear and panic. It’s an amazing time to not only stand on God’s Word but to share the good news of the Gospel to a world needing answers and stability when all is being shaken. As we have been praying for the last two years… to “make the most of every opportunity” (Eph 5:16) to:
- Make Christ known
- Living a “poured out life” for one another
- Sharing the Gospel
So let’s shine as lights in a world darkened by fear, calamity, and terror…providing the hope and peace that only our loving Savior can provide.